Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dania Furniture vs. Macy's Furniture Department: Macy's Wins Big

dania screwedme llc promotion!

Now that you've read all about my plight/nightmare of shopping at Dania Furniture, please know that while I still suffer from PTSD as a result of this terrible, terrible experience, do know that I have found solace in Macy's.  That's right, I'm talking about one of the world's greatest one-stop-shops; the Macy's furniture department, in downtown Seattle provided me with everything I've ever wanted out of a furniture shopping experience: respect, love, appreciation, a reasonable price, and reliable delivery.

What makes me most excited about shopping at Macy's is the fact that they look for any excuse to throw a sale, and their sales staff is genuinely courteous with a strong desire to provide superb customer service.  From the moment I walked in, Seattle's greatest salesman , Stan, greeted me with a warm smile and showed me around the floor.  He gave great detail about the couches and chairs, and gave me ample opportunity to ask questions and approached me with a no-frills attitude.  After dropping some knowledge, he gave me an opportunity to walk around the floor on my own and make the decision on my own...versus touring me around to the most expensive and applying the full court press.

I ended up choosing items of the same price, but thanks to the President's Day sale, was actually able to upgrade my purchase to much finer furniture than the terrible pieces I purchased from Dania.  I couldn't believe that I could possibly own furniture that was as high-end as what I had just purchased. I felt as though I were Biggie Smalls in "Juicy"...re: "money green leather sofa."  Most important of all, I was able to get FREE furniture delivery, because I signed up for a Macy's card that discounted my purchase such that it was free.  Also, it comes with an automatic 0% interest rate for the first 12 months, forcing me into the convenience of not having to drop one huge lump sum of cash to purchase the furniture I wanted.  All in all, I saved over 30% off my total purchase, plus free, guaranteed delivery.  How un-Dania like...how perfect!

And what about that delivery?  It was equally as seamless and impressive as the purchasing experience. Three young gentlemen with top notch, customer service-oriented attitudes greeted me in the lobby with my couch and chair.  The first attempt to get the couch into my unit was through the elevator, which it did not fit, despite several attempts.  It should be noted that the couch's "feet" were also off.  The alternate stair route, however, was the path to success, which were four awkward flights of stairs that they handled with great ease.  Upon entry into my apartment unit, the team of three quickly assembled the loose furniture accessories and vanished without a trace.  No garbage or packaging debris from the furniture was left; just furniture, a delivery receipt, and a warmness that melted my heart.  My living room was finally made complete; from a sullen, empty canvas of nothingness to a breathing, LIVING room of vitality.

There are those that may be suckered in by the faux-elegance and outrageous prices of shopping at Dania, because it seems like a cool thing to do.  However, nothing could be further from the truth.  For serious, rational, logical, pleasant, the-kind-of-people-you-want-to-be-friends-with, reasonable, generally-good-hearted, decent, normal sort of people, the furniture department at Macy's offered a wide array of living room furniture that can appeal to just about anyone.  Even me, whose standards of hella cool and excellence are at the top of my priority list - above family and/or career.

Simply put, Dania is all about uncomfortable furniture, that's semi-aesthetically pleasing, but lacks the necessities of complete, genuine style and comfort. If they've fooled you once to shop there, shame on them; if they've fooled you twice to shop there, shame on you.  Remember, the fool me can't get fooled again.

3 comments:

  1. I just bought http://www.daniafurniture.com/living/sofas/leather/pavia-leather-sofa-brown/2799 and http://www.daniafurniture.com/living/sofas/leather/pavia-leather-loveseat/2828 with no problems. I jokingly asked the salesperson about this blog and they didn't seem to know about it or care. On a side note, I did notice during the delivery speech the sales person mentioned if you are not home during the scheduled delivery time the fee is non-refundable so that may be the answer to this blog? Lastly, I did decline the delivery option and instead brought the items home in my truck and trailer. I'm sure the author of this blog will respond to my post with as much hate and fury as they did with Dania, but much like Dania I will be unaffected as I sit on my new furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oh, c'mon SDC! Wow, our reputation has definitely preceded us. There's no reason for us to hate on someone with a differing opinion. We are happy when folks are happy, even if that means shopping at Dania. Our blog is purely an objective perspective on the average Dania shopping experience. And we should note that we save our vitriol for Dania, just in case that wasn't clear.

      The issues we had were with us being there, having them not deliver it, and then charging us for it. We won't regurgitate the post on that, but we were there and they failed to bring it in.

      Enjoy your new furniture while it lasts! In our experience, we've found that Room and Board and Kasala are the way to go. Top shelf products and customer service. We'll be blogging about them shortly...definitely consider them when you're replacing your Dania furniture in the near future.

      Delete